Waterfront Toronto procures a host of products and services for a wide range of revitalization projects that vary in scale and complexity.
At the high end of the spectrum, we have precinct-wide Master Plans, construction projects, environmental investigations and innovative design competitions geared at reshaping the face of our city.
What it takes to implement these large-scale projects is the procurement of many smaller items, including benches, trees, lampposts and public art, as well as a range of complementary services.
Fairness matters. When it comes to the expenditure of public money, Waterfront Toronto understands how important it is that procurement activities be conducted in a fair, open and transparent manner, in accordance with approved processes that open up waterfront opportunities to as many qualified, talented firms as possible. Our procurement activities are intended simultaneously to achieve maximum value for the Corporation and its stakeholders and to advance the Corporation’s strategic objectives.
conflict of interest
Waterfront Toronto requires full disclosure of any real or perceivable conflicts of interest.
our procurement policy
The objectives of Waterfront Toronto's Procurement Policy are to ensure that:
- all goods and services are acquired in accordance:
- with approved procurement processes;
- within authorized budgets;
- with applicable Contribution Agreements whereby the Corporation receives value for money, by obtaining goods and services through a fair and competitive procurement process involving reputable suppliers;
- evaluation criteria are applied fairly to assess the merits of competitive bids, proposals, quotes and submissions;
- senior management is appropriately accountable for all material procurement; and
- the entire competitive procurement process is fair, open and transparent.
- Procurement Code of Ethics (11/2012)
Please note: During the week of January 30th we will begin transitioning www.waterfrontoronto.ca to a new platform. The site is still undergoing testing and will continue to evolve over the next few weeks. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you in advance for your patience.